^
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
::
+
"
?

Blog

Blog

n. A contraction of “Web Log.” That is, a personal log, journal, diary, newsletter, or other such writings which the AUTHOR has put online for perusal by all and sundry. Blogs may include graphics, photos, links to other websites and/or various other assets. A characteristic of Blogs is that they are easy to start and maintain, and are thus likely to have more frequent updates than most websites in general.

NOTE: In case it's not obvious, this GLOSSARY has been implemented as a series of interconnected Blogs on a Blogging service named Blogger.” Blogger is part of the Google family of internet companies, and it offers free and easy Blogging to the masses. If you're new to Blogging and want to try it, I can't imagine an easier way to begin than using Blogger. I highly recommend it!

TRUE STORY: It was the “free” part of using Blogger that first attracted me, and it was the “easy” part that got me started. I was able to throw the first edition of this GLOSSARY together very quickly. I followed a very simple approach where I composed ENTRIES in the default WYSIWYG (“What You See Is What You Get”) Posting editor, and for each letter of the alphabet I created a single POST of many ENTRIES all squished together. The good news: all I had to do was some basic typing. The bad news: it worked like a charm, but I wasn't satisfied. I wanted more control, more features. I wanted to make the GLOSSARY of my dreams—one I wanted to use. I figured if I could satisfy myself, others might like to use it too. Which meant I needed to kick it up a level.

This second version is the result. How'd I do?

No comments: